3rd International Symposium on
Lightning and Storm Related Phenomena (ISL-SRP 2021)
October 6 and 7, 2021
Aurillac (Cantal, France)
For better planning the 3rd International Symposium on Lightning and Storm Related Phenomena, we have come to the conclusion, that it would be best for all, to shift the event to next year. The plan is to have the Symposium open to all interested around the world and under the best safe and healthy setup. The current situation does not allow us an other choice.
It is planned to conduct the event in October 2021.
Thank you for your understanding, and in these difficult times for many, dramatic for some, let us be united, watch over each other and have a look to the future.
We look forward to meeting in Aurillac next Year in October 2021 !
The Laboratory is the organizer of the 3rd International Symposium on Lightning and Storm Related Phenomena (ISL-SRP) which will take place in the congress center of Aurillac (France), October 6 and 7, 2021.
The Lightning Research Laboratory is an independent scientific research, study, scientific dissemination and scientific publications organization, defined as Sientific Society, a non-profit organization (NPO).
The International Symposium on Lightning and Storm Related Phenomena (ISL-SRP) is a meeting organized by the Laboratoire de Recherche sur la Foudre (Lightning Research Laboratory).
This event is intended to promote interdisciplinary exchanges between scientists in the fields of lightning and thunderstorms, and to present the work in progress in the thematic areas covered. It will take place over two days in Aurillac (France), October 6 and 7, 2021 at the congress center.
The symposium is open only to professional researchers working in the field, and other who contribute actively to our understanding of lightning and storm related phenomena.
- The study of lightning and its effects.
- Ball lightning.
- Thunderstorm prediction and modeling.
- Lightning detection.
- Observation of thunderstorms from space.
- Phenomena link to lightning and thunderstorm.
- Lightning medical research.
- Sociological or ethnological aspects of lightning and thunderstorms.
TIMELINE AND FORMAT
The symposium will take the form of contributed oral presentations, each 20 minutes long with an additional 5 minutes for questions and discussion. Presentations in English.
- Participation in the symposium is free, only upon registration.
- Each participant is responsible for transportation, accommodation and meals.
- A certificate of attendance will be given on request.
- Coffee breaks and the symposium closing cocktail are offered and included in the registration.
CALL TO COMMUNICATIONS
- Title of the communication.
- Name, first name and e-mail of the author and all coauthors with Institution/organization attachment.
- Key words 3 to 5.
- Thematic area.
- Summary of the communication in 5000 signs maximum, including spaces. Possibility to include drawings, diagrams and illustrations.
Registrations opening & first call for abstracts: In progress.
Deadline for submissions: September 3, 2021.
Author notification: September 6, 2021.
Publication of the program: September 8, 2021.
Registrations closing: September 24, 2021.
The Symposium will take place at the « Les Carmes » Congress Center in Aurillac (Cantal, France), in the heart of the city.
All amenities are within walking distance: hotels, restaurants and sights.
Aurillac is served by plane from Paris and by train.
Note : Fields followed by an asterisk * are required.
You will receive by email a confirmation of your pre-registration as well as the definitive registration form.